Active release technique is one of the many chiropractic techniques we offer at Wisconsin Family and Sports Chiropractic to relieve pain and other symptoms. Learn more about this technique and how it can improve your life.
What Is Active Release Technique?
Active release technique or ART is a method of treatment that uses a combination of movement and manipulation to address scar tissue and issues in the fascia, ligaments, muscles, nerves, and tendons. Typically, the process begins with your chiropractor feeling along different areas to detect scar tissue. Once it has been located, we apply pressure to that area while you complete specific movements.
The Benefits of Active Release Technique
The benefits of ART can be limitless, but some of the most common include the following:
- It can target deep scar tissue. The combination of pressure and movement allows for healing deeper in the tissues than many other forms of treatment.
- It improves blood flow. As the target area is treated, the body responds by sending blood and healing nutrients to aid recovery.
- ART increases flexibility and range of motion. As deep adhesions are treated, your body is able to move as it is designed to.
- It can help with tension headaches. Tension headaches are often connected to tension in the neck and shoulders. As this tension is released, tension headaches are eliminated or reduced.
- ART allows for more comprehensive spinal adjustments. When there is a build-up of scar tissue and a great deal of tension, it can interfere with the results of the adjustments. However, when that obstruction is taken away, your chiropractor can more fully manipulate the hard tissues of the body.
- It pairs well with other chiropractic treatments. Just as ART can enhance adjustments, it can also enhance the results of other chiropractic methods. Likewise, other techniques can enhance the results of ART. Each technique can build upon one another to provide you with the most comprehensive treatment.
Experience the Benefits of Active Release Technique in Mequon, WI
If chronic pain or injuries are controlling your life, we’re here to help. At Wisconsin Family and Sports Chiropractic, we will create a customized treatment plan to provide pain relief and support the healing process. Call our team today at (262) 236-9489 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.